Hipra, partners in the Animal Health industry
With STARLIMS Solution, HIPRA is able to consolidate all the laboratory information in a single solution, offering to their customers an added value, providing tests results in real time.
|HIPRA Challenges||STARLIMS Impact||HIPRA Results|
|Be able to interface different instruments||Ability to interface any instrument in the laboratory||100% of the lab instruments are connected|
|Replace the outdated MSAccess-based system with a cutting-edge solution||A web-based solution which uses Microsoft .Net There is no need to have a client-server application||A modern, flexible and scalable solution. By being 100% web, it allows them to access the solution from any device|
|Dedicate less time in the analysis process and optimize the lab operations||Well defined test workflows, ability to program/plan the laboratory resources and an efficient management of the whole sample cycle||40% improvement in the time needed for analyzing processes and work planning|
|Generate different reports easily and in a fast way||With STARLIMS all the information is centralized, allowing the lab staff to use tools for creating and managing reports easily||COAs are easily generated, reducing by 70% the time spent in completing the task|
|Have only one tool that allows you to correctly report results to customers, through reports and graphics||A single centralized and fully integrated system allows users to create reports, generate graphics and queries for an appropriate use of the information||Allows customers to have access to real-time sample results, reducing 90% of the time needed to submit results in paper format|
STARLIMS contribution to the laboratory management
- Analysts’ time optimization, once their tasks are done through the LIMS.
- A better control of the processes. The workflows system requires lab staff to overcome the methods by following a strict order.
- An improved quality control. Each step requires user’s login and all the tasks are registered (traceability).
- The creation of a corporate laboratory network. The same solution (LIMS) is used in different countries, in different languages.
- Streamlined management of complex laboratory processes.
- Through the use of STARLIMS Designer, Hipra’s IT department has the capacity to easily develop new functionalities specific to their business needs.
- Efficient inventory management (laboratory reagents)
Time saving and optimization of the laboratory resources by 40%
- Quality improvement (through automation of processes, etc.)
- Faster accomplishment of daily tasks (approvals, COA publication, etc.) - Flexibility for adapting new customers’ requirements
- Efficiency in each test completed
- Full traceability as well as quality standards and good laboratory practices assurance.
HIPRA is a veterinary pharmaceutical company dedicated to the research, production and marketing of products for Animal Health. HIPRA is a leading company in Animal Health, especially in Biologicals, founded more than half a century. Nowadays they occupy one of the top positions among the pharmaceutical companies producing Biologicals for the veterinary industry worldwide.
Research is a priority at HIPRA. About 9% of their annual turnover is dedicated to R&D, which is aimed on obtaining high-tech products, especially in the fields of immunology, microbiology, genomics, proteomics, molecular biology, pharmaceutical technology and pre-clinical and clinical trials.