|Cott's Challenges||STARLIMS Impact||Cott's Result|
|Software running at full capacity and unsupported||Web-based solution based on .NET and fully supported||
Standard Microsoft technologies
|Manual processes for logging samples, managing data, and generating reports||
Automate data entry via instrument interfacing
Fewer input errors
Increase in productivity
|Email communication for product quality issues||Real time access to data and notification configurations||More effective and timely communication|
|Report generation and trending analysis - resource intensive and cumbersome||
Multiple query and reporting tools utilizing wizards
|Better management decision making|
|Audit trails difficult to maintain||Digital record to changes made, date, time, reviewer||
Enhanced audit compliance
Streamlined and Optimized Processes
- Eliminated 5 steps of multiple entries and checking of data.
- Reduced sample life cycle process time by over 50 percent.
- Increased productivity and reporting by 10-15% requiring no additional headcount.
- Decreased work and waiting times by days by providing worldwide production facilities web access to remotely login samples, print labels, and track the progress of the samples and testing at the Corporate labs.
Better Communication and Decision Making
- Generated and communicated important results in 1 to 2 days instead of three to four weeks. Results were actionable.
- Dashboards displayed key performance metrics for quick decision making and issue identification.
- Avoided missed quality checks which can result in a 10-fold increase in cost. Ensured costly production lot mistakes are avoided.